|2013 Special Tournaments / Shoot Out Rules
| For tournament information call: Mark Wright 228-324-7612
|The Special Tournaments Rules
|These tournaments are separate from our regular "free entry" Rodeo.
Fish entered in these one-day tournaments are not eligible to be entered in our regular Rodeo nor are they
eligible for prizes. These special tournaments are for cash prizes only.
|The Speckled Trout Tournament Rules
|Speckled Trout Shoot-out Rules
|Anyone found in violation of the tournament rules may be disqualified from this and all future tournaments.
|[Home] [General Information] [Registration] [Shoot Out Info] [Schedule of Events] [Prizes] [Official Rodeo Rules] [Kids Rodeo & Kids Day] [Picture Page] [Records and
Awards] [Rodeo History] [Sponsors] [Shark !] [Fishing Rodeo Boat Raffle]
|The 2013 Speckled Trout Shootout Tournament will be held from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Friday July 5th, 2013.
The 2013 Speckled Trout Shootout Tournament Boat Captains Registration is MANDATORY and fisherman can register any time between from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 pm Thursday
July 4th at the Rodeo scales in the Gulfport Small Craft Harbor pavilion.
1. All vessels must be registered prior to fishing. All registrations must be made Thursday July 4th.
2. The Speckled Trout Tournament has an entry fee of $125 per boat. 1st and 2nd places will be paid cash prizes. Cash prizes consist of $100.00, of the boat registration money for
the Speckled Trout Tournament split 60/40%. This is an aggregate weight, 5 fish limit shootout.
3. The 1st and 2nd place winners will be awarded on the Rodeo Stage at 8 pm on the day of the event. Prizes will not be awarded prior to the ceremony. The Captain of the boat will
be given the award.
4. The tournament will begin at 6am and end at 6pm. Fishermen are on the Honor System.
5. All fish entered for prize consideration must comply with Mississippi’s (State Fishing Regulations).
6. Fish must be in good edible condition and properly iced. Fish must be properly landed. Fish, which appear to have been frozen, loaded, harpooned, gaffed, mutilated, shot,
cast/shrimp or gill netted will be refused.
7. All contestants will, in every respect, catch any fish offered for prize consideration in a sportsmanship manner, obeying all rules and regulations of the tournament.
8. Speckled Trout must be at least 13 inches in minimum length. Pinched tail measurement method will be used to determine legal fish length.
9. There may be any number of fishermen on the boat, but each boat may turn in only 5 fish for a total aggregate weight. All persons fishing on the boat must be listed on the Shoot-
out registration form. All fish turned in become the property of the Rodeo.
10. Fish will be kept on display in the fish bins, as long as the fish retains a place on the board.
11. Scales close for this tournament at 6pm. Registered fishermen waiting in line in the designated area when the scales close will be considered "on time".
12. In case of a tie of equal weight, the first boat that enters fish will be declared the winner.
13. All decisions of the Weigh Master will be final.
14. Participants enter at their own risk. Neither the tournament, nor any person connected with the tournament shall be liable for any loss, damage, negligence, harm or injury to
anyone for any reason.