|Fishing Rodeo - Official Rodeo Rules & Bull Shark Bounty Rules
1.The point system for selecting Fresh water King and Queen, Saltwater King and Queen.
Points will be awarded
5 points for placing on the daily board
4 points for 1st place
3 points for 2nd place.
These points will be awarded each day and then totaled at the end of the rodeo. In case of a tie it
will be broken by the person entered the most fish, will be awarded 1 point.
The kids rodeo King and Queen freshwater and King and Queen Saltwater points will be awarded
5 points for 1st place
4 points for 2nd place
3 points for 3rd place
2 points for 4th place
1 point for 5th place
The points will be totaled at the end. In case of tie 1 point will be awarded for most fish turned in.
2. All contestants must register before they enter a fish for prizes. Individual registration is FREE
3. All competitive fishing shall begin at 12:01am on the first day, and ends at 4pm on the final
day. Scales will open daily at 12:00pm. All fish must be checked by the Weigh Master before 6:
00p.m. daily (Scale closes), except by 4p.m. on the final day (Scale closes).
4. Contestants may fish from any port or pier and transport their catches by any means of
transportation, but under no circumstances will frozen or fish that have been frozen (Quick
Freeze), harpooned, loaded, shot (Except for Shark), improperly gaffed, gutted, cast / gill /
shrimp netted, caged, box / slat trapped or mutilated be accepted for entry.
Fish entered in any other Rodeo or Tournament will not be eligible for Rodeo competition.
5. All decisions of the Weigh Master will be final. The condition of all fish and rules of the Rodeo
to ensure sportsmanship is preserved is entirely subject to the Weigh Master’s decision.
6. Fish entries for prize competition will be accepted up until weighing deadline each day. Fish
may be held over from one day to the next day if they are late getting to the Weigh Master. Fish
held over must be kept in good condition and are subject to Weigh Master inspection.
7. All fish entered for prize competition will remain on public display throughout the day and all
fish entries into the Rodeo become the property of the Rodeo.
8. Fresh water fish may be taken from any rivers, streams, lakes, bayous or ponds.
9. Saltwater fish may be taken from anywhere in the Mississippi Sound or the Gulf of Mexico.
10. All Saltwater and Freshwater entries must comply with the Mississippi’s (State Fishing
Regulations) and Federal Regulations.
11. In the event of a tie, the first fish in will be declared the winner.
12. Participants enter at their own risk. Neither the tournament, nor any person connected with
the tournament, shall be liable for any loss, damage, negligence, harm or injury to anyone for
Bounty & Bounty Rules for 2020 has not been established